Sunday, 14 May 2006

Kitchen cupboard gone AWOL


I woke up yesterday morning and suddenly remembered that I hadn't seen the kitchen cupboard that we left in the house... So we went over to have a look and indeed the cupboard was gone. The building contractor confirmed his men had thrown it away since they thought it was old. Which indeed it was, retro 50-ies old... Irreplacible old.

I was really upset about it. Don't what I was more upset about though, probably my own stupidity (I have a knack for being quite harsh on myself...), since we should not have left it there and I knew that. Or we should have told the builders to leave it there. It is not about the value of the cupboard, but it will be really hard founding a similar one. I have my hopes up on Marktplaats (local eBay site) though, I have put on ad on it asking for one.

We took advantage of the surprise visit and took some more pictures, so have another look later for an update.

No comments: