Monday, 3 July 2006

Major constituent of all living matter

For my niece Dana taps are the packaging of water. Like milk comes in a carton and lemonade in a bottle. So when she recently asked me for a glass of water I decided to follow the same line of reasoning and I told her the water had finished. I mean, apple juice can finish and we might occasionally run out of milk and oops, did we forget to get some new tea bags? Irrefutable logic for a five year old in my opinion, so I wanted to see her reaction. Well, there was no way that she would entertain the thought and not even for a split second did she consider taking me seriously. Instead I was just greeted with bouts of laughter by her and her friends, oh dear, how silly my aunt is, just open the tap. Which I of course did.... A birthday party is really not the place to discuss water shortage.



We have finally decided on the taps for our new house. Both the bathroom and toilets will feature the Tara range, since we are after some unity in certain items throughout the house. This is why we have declined the reconditioned taps for the kitchen, although the idea was very tempting. It was between these and the famous Arne Jacobsen taps from Vola, but in the end the difference in price dictated our choice. Still very much against the will of the building contractor since he reckoned any DIY taps would do the job equally well. Which is probably true, but packaging matters! So we are hoping that our water will taste better for it and that showers will be even more pleasant. When he realised there was nothing he could say that would change our minds, he insisted to at least change the taps if we come to sell the house so we can take these with us. Duly noted.

No comments: