Thursday, 24 July 2008

Pincha mayurasana at 39w1d

Or elbow stand and still pregnant in English... :-)

This picture was taken this morning by my yoga teacher, who said that head stand was really less spectacular than elbow stand. Or peacock feather pose, as it is also known. As the name suggests, in this pose you stand on your elbows and forearms. Since your head doesn't rest on the floor, strength comes from the upper body.

Otherwise not a lot to report. Good blood pressure (me), good heart beat (baby) during the pregnancy check-up last Monday. So we wait...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sending you birthing vibes. Good ones of course. We had Stella at 39w1d I think, a day where I could not have stood on my head at any time ;). Good luck, I'm so excited for you and even a bit envious - birthing is just fantastic.

Jools said...

Ik deed het je al niet na in deze toestand, maar nu al helemaal niet meer. Hoe knap! Fijn te lezen dat alles oké is, net als hier. We wachten verder mee, op het grote nieuws!

Elke said...

Amai, dat doe ik je zelfs nu niet na:)

Anyday now he!! Ik wacht in spanning mee!

Elke

Kami said...

Wow! I was so out of shape towards the end and still recovering. Good for you!

Pobb said...

Floooootje respect haha dat kan ik ook niet eens zonder buik zonder er enstige complicaties aan over te houden...!

jeetje any day now.... hoei ik ben ook zenuwachtig; hoe zal ze zijn? owwwwwwwww!
kus!

Elke said...

Alles nog ok?