I feel my ovaries. They feel like two little knots at either side of my body. That does not correspond with the images of the ultrasound this morning. After three weeks on the pill, 7 days of Decapeptyl and 5 days of Gonal-F, one follicle is the miserable result. ONE. That is exactly the same amount as we would get without stimulation during a natural cycle.
A disappointing result after so much effort. I was convinced that was the end of ICSI number three. But much to our surprise, the gynaecologist had another idea. She told us to increase the dosage of the follicle stimulant Gonal-F and decrease the Decapeptyl. Come back on Friday.
The fact that I feel my ovaries might be a good sign. There might be some small follicles lurking about, ready to join this round. I really hope that the increased dose of medication will do the job and kick my ovaries into high gear. We are not ready to give up yet.
1 comment:
Hopefully the higher dosis will stimulate the other follys as well. One of our co-patients in the UMCN Radboud also 'just' had 2 follicle's. They got 1 egg out of it which was succesfully fertilised, but medium quality. But... They are pregnant ! So, keep hoping. We sure are.
Spinning thumbs on this end... :D
Post a Comment